1. The privacy of Your Personal Data is important to HardwareCity Online
2. Your Personal Data means data about you (other than Your Business Contact Information) that specifically identifies you or data about you which combined with other information that HardwareCity Online has or is likely to have access to can be used to identify you. Your Personal Data may include your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, NRIC number, marital status, credit card number, and information relating to the computers or electronic device that you use to access HardwareCity Online's website at www.hardwarecity.com.sg, Facebook page, Twitter account, and other social media platforms that may be used by HardwareCity Online from time to time (the "Applications & Pages).
3. Your Business Contact Information means your name, position name or title, business telephone number, business address, business electronic mail address or business fax number and any other similar information about you, not provided by you solely for your personal purposes.
Points of Collection
5. Your Personal Data may be collected, used or disclosed by or on behalf of HardwareCity Online on the various occasions. Some examples include:
(a) when you transact with or contact HardwareCity Online directly or through HardwareCity Online authorised partners;
(b) when you access and/or use HardwareCity Online's websites or Applications & Pages;
6. Your Personal Data may be collected, used or disclosed by or on behalf of HardwareCity Online for the following purposes:
(a) establishing and managing your accounts with HardwareCity Online;
(b) to facilitate transactions between HardwareCity Online and you (the "Transactions"), your use of any of our Application & Pages and the provision of services by HardwareCity Online in connection with the Transactions (the "Services");
(c) to deliver or install products to fulfill the Transactions;
(d) to track and confirm the Transactions;
(e) for administering any warranty program which applies to you or for which you have requested;
(f) to facilitate your application for a HardwareCity Online or under a loyalty programme;
(g) to send you HardwareCity Online's marketing surveys and feedback forms;
(h) to send you HardwareCity Online's newsletters, promotions, announcements and alerts;
(i) to send you information on joint promotions that HardwareCity and third parties are conducting;
(j) to facilitate your participation in HardwareCity's online community areas;
(k) to process your application for a job with HardwareCity;
(l) to refine or improve the security, use, features and functions of the Application, the Transactions and the provision of the
(m) to develop new features and functions of the Application;
(n) to resolve disputes that may arise between HardwareCity Online and you;
(o) to protect the legal rights or property of HardwareCity Online;
(p) to comply with applicable laws;
(q) for HardwareCity Online's evaluative purposes; and
(r) for other purposes which Your Personal Data was given.
7. HardwareCity Online may from time to time notify you of other purposes of collection, use or disclosure of Your Personal Data and you are deemed to have consented to collection, use or disclosure of Your Personal Data for such purposes by your continued conduct of Transactions and/or use of any of the Application & Pages.
9. HardwareCity Online is not responsible for any cookies that may be set by third party websites that are linked to or from HardwareCity Online's website. You should consult privacy and cookie policies on such third party websites.
10. If you block cookies, some of the features and functions of the Application & the Pages may not function properly and some of the Transactions and the Services may not be effected as a result.
12. HardwareCity Online will use reasonable efforts to protect Your Personal Data in HardwareCity Online's possession or under its control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. While HardwareCity Online will endeavour to protect Your Personal Data by making reasonable security arrangements, you should also exercise care to protect the password to your account with HardwareCity Online. Use unique letters and numbers for your password and remember to sign out of your account when using a shared computer.
13. You should not disclose your password to anyone. If you disclose your password or Your Personal Data to a third party, you shall be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account with HardwareCity Online.
14. If you lose your password or believe that your password or account has been compromised, you should inform HardwareCity Online immediately.
Transfer of Your Personal Data outside Singapore
Access and Updating Your Personal Data
16. You will be allowed to access or update Your Personal Data by sending a written request to HardwareCity Online at email@example.com. HardwareCity Online has the right to reject frivolous or vexatious requests, requests for trivial information and any other request as permitted by law.
17. If you believe Your Personal Data contains an error or omission, you should inform HardwareCity Online immediately.
18. HardwareCity Online may adopt verification practices or procedures including but not limited to asking you questions about your identity and requesting that you furnish additional information.
Withdrawal of Consent
19. Your Personal Data may be collected, used and disclosed for multiple purposes. Where applicable, HardwareCity Online will inform you of the likely consequences of withdrawing your consent. You are given the option of withdrawing your consent by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or, where applicable, by following the instructions on the latest email or SMS sent to you by us.
20. Notwithstanding any withdrawal of consent for collection, use and/or disclosure, Your Personal Data may be retained by HardwareCity Online for legal and business purpose.
Get our exclusive offers and promotions delivered to your inbox.